37th Annual Harvest Festival
Saturday–Sunday, September 12–13 • 10:00 am–5:00 pm
See Full Schedule Here! (pdf)
Join the ultimate celebration of autumn! Harvest Festival is a regional favorite, bringing together a wide range of performers, artisans, and exhibitors. Enjoy great food, music, animals, and activities your family will love.
- The event will feature live performances and family activities such as crafts and demonstrations.
- Watch a parade of champion animals from the museum’s annual Junior Livestock Show.
- Rides on the Empire State Carousel, the museum you can ride (sponsored by Matt Sohns and family)
- Take a horse-drawn wagon ride
- Performances by the Blue Ribbon Cloggers (Saturday at 1:00pm and 3:30pm)
- Performances by O’Donnell-Kelly School of Irish Dance (Sunday at 11:00am)
- Southern Tier Alpacas
- Caricature artist
- Spinning and fiber art
- Lace making
- China painting
- Doll painting
- Rope making
Live Musical Performances (Festival Stage)
- Mary Doherty Duo (Saturday from 11:00am – 12:00pm)
- Gravelyard (Saturday from 2:00 – 3:30pm)
- Rusty Doves (Sunday from 1:00 – 2:30pm)
- Hop City Hellcats (Sunday from 3:30 – 5:00pm)
- 19th Century music played by Jim Kimball and Glenn McClure (Bump Tavern porch each day)
Farm and Food
- Help with harvesting potatoes and hand-scything hay.
- Experience heirloom seed demonstrations and tastings with Landreth Seed Company.
- Savor an abundance of delicious foods from the season’s harvest.
- Relish the taste of pulled pork, chili, hot dogs, and salads.
- Huff Ice Cream will be on the grounds with your favorite flavors.
- Homemade pies and fresh baked goods.
- Roasted corn
Activities for Kids
- Dickens the Clown will delight children and the young at heart throughout the museum grounds.
- Agricultural activities such as corn shelling and grinding, and grain flailing and winnowing
- Story Time in the schoolhouse.
- Games: giant pick up sticks, pumpkin rolling, beanbag toss, etc…
- Face painting
- Creating a mural in the festival tent.
- Craft activities for the entire family
- Children’s Barnyard filled with rabbits, goats, and donkeys.
- Soap makers
- Cooperstown Farmers’ Market
- Dulcimer and ukulele maker
- Triskele Rhythm Bones
- Canoe maker
- Handmade jewelry
- American Mountain Man
Admission to Harvest Festival is included with paid museum admission: $12 adults (13-64), $10.50 seniors (65+), $6 children (7-12). Children age 6 and younger are free, as well as NYSHA Members. Discounted 2-day passes available on Saturday: $18 adults (13+) and $9 children (7-12).
Free carousel rides sponsored in part by Matt Sohns and family. This event is made possible with public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts, a state agency.